My Mama's Egg Popover Recipe
I love having eggs for breakfast, but sometimes, I want something slightly different than just plain eggs.
This is one of my absolute favorite recipes for breakfast, and I grew up having my mom make this what I remember as every weekend. We call it Popover, but I am going to do my best to explain what it is. It's basically an egg pie/dish type of situation. If that didn't help explain, it reminds me of a thicker crepe. It's honestly incredible and super easy to make!
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup milk (or coconut milk)
- 1tbs sugar
- 1/2 cup flour (flour alternatives also work)
- 1tbs butter
WIN AN IPAD MINI 4!
Join my weekly mailing list to stay up to date with everything and to take part in my monthly giveaway contests, like this months' giveaway of an iPad Mini 4:
- Preheat oven at 350° F
- Put butter in round baking dish (approx. 10 inch diameter with straight sides) in oven
- Combine the eggs, milk, sugar, and flour, and whisk until fully and evenly mixed.
- Once the butter is melted pour mixture into baking dish and bake for 20 minutes (warning: the popover rises a lot when in the oven - that is normal. (It will settle, don't worry)