Acai Bowl Smoothie
I love acai bowls, but sometimes, I don't always have time to sit there and eat them like your average Instagram model.
WIN AN IPAD MINI 4!
Join my weekly mailing list to stay up to date with everything and to take part in my monthly giveaway contests, like this months' giveaway of an iPad Mini 4:
The other day, I decided to make my very first acai bowl but as a smoothie. I didn't have a recipe to go off of, but I knew that I wanted it to be runnier than your average acai bowl to fulfill the smoothie part of this equation.
If you follow me on Instagram, you will be quite familiar with this smoothie because I have been making it a lot lately. I love smoothies because they are such an easy way to intake fruits and vegetables in a delicious, compact, and easy way.
- 1 packet of Amafruits Acai Berry Puree - Pure & Unsweetened
- 1 handful of mixed berries (I combine strawberries, blueberries, and blackberries)
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 banana
- 1 handfull of spinach and kale
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 1 cup unsweetened, original almond milk
- Chia seeds (optional)
- Place the kale, spinach, banana, berries, peanut butter, and turmeric in your blender. It is best to have the softer ingredients on the bottom before you put in the frozen acai puree.
- Then add a packet of the acai puree, followed by the 1 cup of almond milk. I like to do this so that the almond milk can melt down the acai puree a little.
- If your blender has speed control, start blending your smoothie on low and then ramp up the speed until it is one uniform consistency. The color may look brown here and there, but don't freak out.
- Pour your smoothie into your cup of choice, and sprinkle chia seeds on the top to really emulate an acai bowl. Enjoy!