Avocado Pesto Linguini
It's no secret that I love pasta, but I didn't know I could this much.
WIN AN IPAD MINI 4!
Join my weekly mailing list to stay up to date with everything and to take part in my monthly giveaway contests, like this months' giveaway of an iPad Mini 4:
So, when I saw this trend of avocado pesto pasta floating around the Internet, I figured I had to try it because I like pasta, avocado, and pesto. I created this recipe from scratch and am pleasantly surprised with how delicious it was, especially on the first try. What I love about this recipe is that you feel like you are eating a rich, creamy Alfredo sauce when, in reality, the sauce isn't terribly unhealthy for you at all. I know I have a lot of readers who are vegan, so this recipe is perfect for you if you are. I used fresh linguini noodles and cooked them al dente, and I very much recommend doing so when making this.
If you make this, be sure to tweet me or tag me on Instagram!
- 1 box of linguini (or pasta of choice)
- 2 avocados
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- Pesto (you can make your own if you want)
- Cherry tomatoes
- Olive oil
- 1/2 lemon (squeezed)
- Red chilli flakes
- Salt and pepper
- Prepare sauce by putting olive oil in a saucepan over low-medium heat and get a pot of salted water on high heat for boiling the linguini.
- While the oil heats up, halve the cherry tomatoes and add them to the pan, along with the minced garlic. Let it sit on low heat for 10 minutes with occasional stirring.
- By now, the water should be at a boil, so add the linguini to the boiling water.
- Next, cut the avocados, take the pit out, and add them to a blender.
- Then add as much pesto and olive oil that you want to the blender, as well as salt, pepper, red chili flakes, and half of the lemon squeezed.
- When the tomatoes are done, drain the oil into a bowl, let it cool, and add it to the blender. Keep the tomatoes in the pan and turn off the heat.
- After blending the sauce in the blender, pour back into mixing bowl and add in the tomatoes.
- When the pasta is done, add it to the sauce and mix.
- Top it all off with parmesan cheese, uncooked halved cherry tomatoes, and/or basil - totally up to you!